DHA. You may have seen this acronym around, usually found on products like milk and vitamins. I would bet that most people though aware of the term, have little to no idea of what it means. To be honest, I really didn't know what DHA is until very recently, even though I was buying products with DHA on the label. So the question is: What is DHA?
DHA is an Omega-3 healthy fatty acid the helps support the brain, heart and eyes. It is a major structural fat in the brain and retina and scientists believe that the more DHA is consumed then the more will be available to support healthy function in these areas. Everyone needs DHA, yet many people do not get enough in their diets. For infants and children, DHA supports brain and eye development and function. DHA is very important to children but most are only getting a fraction of what they need. For example, a three year old needs 150mg per day yet on average they are only getting 19mg. If you are pregnant or nursing, it is recommended that you consume an adequate amount of DHA. Which is why many prenatal vitamins now contain this powerful fatty acid. Studies for the senior years have shown a possible impact on eye health. Finally, for basically every age bracket, DHA supports heart health. So as you can see, it important for all of us.
Horizon Organic is making it easier to get the DHA we need with a variety of milk choices containing DHA Omega-3. Their milk comes in half gallons and is available in whole, reduced fat (2%), fat-free and lowfat chocolate (1%). Plus everything is certified organic, which is super important to me. You can visit their website to find out where Horizon Milk is sold near you and print out coupons to bring with you.
I have 4 young boys and it has been a struggle to get them to drink milk. Thankfully my oldest now loves organic chocolate milk and I am happy that Horizon's has DHA. Unfortunately our Stop & Shop does not carry it, but Target does. And since I love Target, it gives me an excuse to shop there!
Follow Horizon on:
Two (2) winners will each receive an Horizon Goody Bag.
Goody Bag contents:
1 Red Chico Bag
1 Red SIGG water bottle (branded w/ Horizon logo)
1 Horizon soft sided lunch box
1 Horizon Rubiks Cube keychain
1 Horizon T-shirt
5 Horizon free product coupons
What is your favorite Horizon product or which do you want to try the most?
- "Like" Horizon on Facebook. Please leave me your first name and last name initial to validate. It would be awesome if you posted on their wall telling themI sent you.
- Follow @GreenMamasPad and @HorizonDairy on Twitter and and tweet this giveaway. You can tweet once daily. Leave link to tweet in comment. You must have at least 50 followers. You can use the tweet button at the bottom of the post or copy and paste this:
@HorizonDairy goody bag #giveaway! Includes free product coupons, SIGG water bottle & more! @GreenMamasPad #win http://bit.ly/g2YE1C
- "Like" Green Mama's Pad on Facebook. Please leave me your first name and last name initial to validate. If you leave a comment on my wall you can give yourself an additional entry.
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. You can do this once daily. Leave link in comment.
- Follow Green Mama's Pad on Google Friend Connect.
- Subscribe to my RSS feed in a reader or subscribe via e-mail. Your email must validate or it will not count.
- Add my Green Mama's Pad button to your sidebar or add Green Mama's Pad to your blogroll. Leave your blog link.
- Blog about this giveaway. Your post must include a link to this post plus a link to the sponsor. Please leave link.
- Stumble one of my non-giveaway posts and tell me which one plus leave your StumbleUpon ID.
- Leave a comment on any of my non-giveaway posts and tell me which one.
This giveaway is open to US Residents 18+ only and will end on Friday, March 11 at 11:59pm EST. Two winners will be chosen at random using Random.org and will be posted on the Winner's Announcement Page. Winner has 48 hours to claim his/her prize otherwise a new winner will be picked. Please leave your e-mail address in all of your comment(s) so I can contact you. I will not share your e-mail address with anyone, it will strictly be used to notify you if you win. Good luck!
Please note that the opinions and views expressed here are my own. This post is a sponsored post in conjunction with the BabyCenter Blog Network. Horizon is providing the giveaway items.