We are big fans of video games in our house, especially ones that we find our educational for the kids. Of course with four boys who have school, religious classes, sports and so on to be driven to, mobility is also extremely important. The VTech MobiGo 2 Touch Learning System gives our kids a variety of fun gaming options that they can take anywhere with them.
- The MobiGo 2 is a multi-functional, educational handheld system that allows kids ages 3-8 to enjoy on-the-go play and hone their creativity.
- Helps Kids learn basic skills such as math, vocabulary, spelling, reading, logic, drawing and more.
- The QWERTY keyboard also helps kids become familiar with a keyboard layout.
- MobiGo 2 comes equipped with a NEW motion sensor and microphone in addition to the touchscreen..
- The NEW motion sensor provides total game control, allowing kids to create action movements within games and programs while playing
- The NEW microphone provides different methods of game play. Blow into the microphone to move objects, blow of dust, or initiate other special effects. Or speak into it to give a command or trigger an action
- MobiGo 2 also functions as an e-reader, photo album, photo viewer, art studio and coloring book, and is a great value as it comes pre-loaded with three game.
- The expanded on-board memory allows kids to store more fun. More than 80 other apps are available for download at www.VTechKids.com/Download.
Initial setup of our new MobiGo 2 took a little bit of time. First you have to install the Learning Lodge software which only take a few minutes. Then you have to connect your device to your computer. The USB connection on it is very sensitive so you have to make sure you lay the device flat and don't move it in order for the connection to work.
When you register your new MobiGo 2, you get 3 free downloads which is pretty neat. I let my oldest son, who is seven, pick 3 free game apps for this. Once you download them through Learning Lodge, it takes mere seconds to transfer them to the device. When I had everything all set up, my boys couldn't wait to get their hands on it!
The MobiGo 2 comes with a coloring book feature that they enjoyed. The kids can choose a scene to color in, play around with lots of colors and then save their masterpiece to finish later.
The on-board game they seem to enjoy the most is Hamster Highway. I say that because that is the one I hear playing the most. This game uses the motion sensor feature so you just tilt it side to side to make the hamster race along.
Even though the MobiGo 2 Touch Learning System is recommended for ages 3 through 8, our 2.5 year old was NOT going to be left out. So whenever he saw that his older brother's weren't paying attention, he would quickly snatch up the MobiGo and head into the corner to play a little Hamster Highway himself. He doesn't fully understand how to play, but he knows how to navigate to the game and he cracks up watching the hamster in his sphere.
We have all been so pleased with our MobiGo 2 that it has been a challenge getting the boys to stop arguing over who's turn is next. It has been great for them to bring in the car for long trips and with soccer starting up soon, I know this will be a lifesaver while they have to wait an hour on the sidelines. (My Saturdays will start with two hours on the soccer field and I am really not looking forward to it). As a parent, I like that this system offers fun, educational games that can help my boys with letters, numbers, etc. and I love the apps aspect of it. they start at about $2.99 which is very affordable.
The MobiGo 2 is avialble to purchase at national retailers like Amazon, Target and Walmart for approximately $59.99
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for VTech. I received product samples to facilitate my review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.