Plum Organics and Revolution Foods are sister companies that are under the parent company of Nest Collective.
Nest is a place to hatch world-changing ideas, grow mission driven companies, and nurture a new way of doing business that embraces the best of what nature and people have to offer. Nest is a collective of companies and people out to make the world a little better, twig by twig.
organic baby food and organic snacks for tots. There are two lines of baby food: the just line and fruit & veggie blends. The just line is yum 1 stage (4-6 months) baby food fruit purees and are made from 100% organic fruit. There are 6 fruits available: apples, mangos, bananas, peaches, pears and prunes. The fruit & veggie blends are the yum 2 stage for 6 months and up. These are available in a variety of combination including pear & mango and apple & carrot. All of the baby food purees come in portable, resealable, BPA-free packaging and have no added sugars, colors or flavors. My baby is too young for baby food so obviously we didn't try any of these but I am anxious to try some once he is 6 months old.
Now Revolution Foods makes organic lunch box snacks for older children, I'd say preschool aged and up. What is great about all of their snack items is there are never any transfats, high fructose corn syrup or artificial ingredients.
The snacks they make are:
~ Grammy Sammy: 100% whole grain, yogurt filled sandwich bar
~ Jammy Sammy: 100% whole grain sandwich bar filled with organic fruit spread
~ Mashups: squeezable fruit puree
~ Popalongs: whole grains snacks that are popped not fried
~ Raisins: organic and California grown
We received one Jammy Sammy, two Grammy Sammy and two Mashups to taste, one for each of my older boys. William (5) had the Cocoa Graham & Banana Yogurt Grammy Sammy, Joshua (2.5) had the Honey Graham & Strawberry Yogurt Grammy Sammy and Luke (2.5) had the Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jammy Sammy. Each one of them INHALED their Sammy. In fact when I first opened the box of samples, they practically attacked me to try these. They literally ate them within 5 minutes of the package arriving at our house. they LOVED them. Revolution Foods had also given me one coupon for a $1 off so I went to Babies R Us 2 days later to buy more. Not only are these good for lunch boxes, but also good for snacks on the go in the car or when out and about. I now always have a box on hand of the Peanut Butter & Strawberry Jammy Sammy and I toss it my diaper bag when we visit family ust in case my stubborn boys don't like what is on the menu. If they don't want to eat whatever our host is providing, at least I have these healthy Sammys as a backup.
In-School Lunch Program which delivers healthy meals and nutrition education to schools across the country. They currentlty are working with schools in Northern and Southern California, Colorado, and Washington DC. Some of the highlights that I really like about these meals are: the meals are prepared fresh daily and are fried, overly processed, or microwave; they do not contain high fructose corn syrup or trans fats; they are free of artificial preservatives, colors, flavors, and sweeteners. Most schools today serve highly processed junk, including the schools in my town. When I am done writing this I need to ask Revolution Foods if they plan on expanding this program to New England.
Plum Organics and Revolution Foods are available in several stores such as Whole Foods, Babies R Us, Toys R Us and H-E-B. They can also be purchased online at BabiesRUs.com, Amazon.com, Diapers.com and Drugstore.com.
Growing Up Organic Giveaway
One (1) winner will receive a selection of snacks from both Plum Organics and Revolution foods with snacks for your baby, toddler and kids! The prize includes a kids t-shirt, a reusable lunchbox filled with some samples from the Plum Organics baby & toddler line, a reusable lunchbox with samples of Revolution Foods organic kids snacks and a secret snack selector (fortune tellers).
Visit Plum Organics and Revolution Foods then tell me which products you think your kids will love.
- Take the "Generation Organic Pledge" and display the badge on your website or blog. You must use a valid email when you take the pledge and leave me a link so I can see your badge on your site. Worth 2 entries so leave 2 comments.
- Follow me on Google or subscribe to my RSS feed in a reader.
- Subscribe via e-mail. Your email must validate or it will not count.
- Add my Green Mama's Pad button to your sidebar or add Green Mama's Pad to your blogroll. Leave your blog link.
- Follow @GreenMamasPad, @PlumOrganics and @RevolutionFoods on Twitter and and tweet this giveaway. You can tweet once daily. Leave link to tweet in comment. You must have at least 50 followers
- Blog about this giveaway. Your post must include a link to this post plus a link to the sponsor. Please leave link.
- Stumble this post and comment with your ID.
- Stumble one of my non-giveaway posts and tell me which one.
- Become a fan of Green Mama's Pad on Facebook.
- Become a fan of Plum Organics and Revolution Foods on Facebook.
- Vote for me in the Dick's Sporting Goods "Starting Lineup" Twitter contest. You must follow @dickssportcmo and then tweet this: @dickssportcmo I nominate @GreenMamasPad for the #startinglineup because she's a sports loving mom of 4 boys! You may do this daily and it is worth 2 entries per tweet (so leave 2 comments)
This giveaway is open to US Residents 18+ only and will end on Friday, March 26 at 11:59pm EST. One winner will be chosen at random using Random.org and will be posted on the Winner's Announcement Page. Winner has 48 hours to claim his/her prize otherwise a new winner will be picked. You must leave your e-mail address in all of your comment(s) so I can contact you. I will not share your e-mail address with anyone, it will strictly be used to notify you if you win. Good luck!
Please note that the opinions and views expressed in this review are my own and based on my personal experience with the product. You may encounter a different experience with this than I did. Nest Collective, Plum Organics and Revolution Foods provided me with samples for review and is providing the items for the giveaway.