So I am a bit of a gadget enthusiast, to put it mildly. And as a result, my boys are turning into little gadget lovers themselves. I don't mind them playing handheld video games or with my iPhone as long as it is done with moderation. Plus, sometimes mom needs a little help getting some peace and quiet! Last year we got the chance to review the VTech InnoTab 2 tablet and they instantly loved it. Now Vtech has the InnoTab 3 and we were anxious to get our hands on it to give it a test run.
- The InnoTab 3 combines educational games, creative activities and reading skills in a child-friendly, multi-function, touch screen tablet to make learning fun.
- Compact and lightweight design with 4.3” color touch screen, new directional pad and tilt sensor
- 2.0 megapixel, 180° rotating camera with more than 55 photo features and special effects
- Your child can even embark on fun, educational adventures with their favorite characters such as Doc McStuffins, Sofia the First and Jake & the Never Land Pirates.
- Interactive eReader
- 4 game styles: touch screen, motion, D-pad and sound-activated.
- Kids can import their own music to create MP3 playlists.
- The Art Studio allows kids to color, draw, paint and decorate with stickers, stemps and more.
- In the My Magic Beanstalk interactive game, kids take care of their beanstalk by watering it to make it grow. They'll also harvest and collect beans, learn parts of plants and collect trophies along the way.
- The InnoTab 3 makes learning fun for children, while giving them a cool electronic device made just for them!
The InnoTab 3 comes with the tablet, 2 stylus pens, 1 stylus cord, 1 game cartridge, 1 USB cable, 1 Learning Lodge Installation CD-ROM and 4 AA batteries. Do you know what it is like when a new kids toy or technological device arrives in my house and 4 kids want to play with it at the same time? Well I'll tell you: utter and complete chaos! Which is just a testament to how much the enjoy playing with it.
One of the great things about VTech products is the Learning Lodge Software. It allows you to connect your devices to track and monitor your child's progress and also gives you a plethera of download to purchase. The Learning Lodge features more than 350 educational games, e-books, music and videos developed specifically for each child’s unique stage of development and includes a broad library of subjects like reading, math, social studies, science, creativity, problem solving and so much more! Once you install Learning Lodge onto your computer and register your new device, you are given one free download. Your free download allows you to choose from a specific list of apps or eBooks. Apparently, I still had some free downloads left over from the last few VTech items I registered, so we were able to download a couple of educational apps onto our new InnoTab 3.
What Mom Liked
- The stylus cord is a life saver. I cannot tell you how many times we misplaced both InnoTab 2 stylus. One end of the cord attaches to the stylus while the other attached to the tablet. Now that little pen will never fall between my couch cushions again!
- The smaller design, compared to the InnoTab 2, makes it easier for tiny hands to hold. This means my 3 year old can get a good grip on it as he rips it out of the hands of one of his older brothers.
- There is really a great selection of apps to choose from. I was able to look for titles in specific categories (u.e. math, problem solving, etc.) to make sure I had a little bit of everything covered. In addition, there are also character themed games and eBooks that kids will love.
- I love that all of the games and apps are educational so you don't have to feel bad about them having a little screen time with their InnoTab.
- Great color on the screen.
- The 4 AA batteries that were included in the package were a nice touch and let you get stared right away.
What My Kids Liked
- The MP3 player. We love listening and singing along to the radio in the car and my boys love being able to have their favorite tunes accessible to them anytime. I must admit that I am staring to get a little tired of Justin Timberlake though. (OK, not really.)
- The camera. They love taking silly pictures of themselves and each other, and occasionally sneaking one of me, and then editing them
- The games, of course! Their favorite game happens to be the Switch & Go Dino one that I was able to download for free. They are definitely playing this the most.
What We Didn't Like
- While the smaller design is nice, I was disappointed to see that the screen also got smaller too. I would have rather they kept the overall size of the tablet larger to keep the screen the same.
- The battery life is short, especially when being used by multiple children. The InnoTab 3 takes 4 AA batteries and I find myself having to replace them pretty much every other day. If you are going to invest in this product, I also suggest you get the Rechargeable Power Pack which will save you a ton on batteries in the long run.
Connect with VTech
The InnoTab 3 may be purchased at VTechKids.com or at various national retailers like Target, Walmart and Amazon. ARV is $69.99 and it is suitable for children ages 3 to 9.
One (1) lucky winner will receive a VTech InnoTab 3. Open to US residents only, giveaway will end on September 26, 2013. Please use the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck!
I received a complimentary product in exchange for my review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. The InnoTab 3, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by VTech.
a Rafflecopter giveaway