Getting kids to drink their milk can sometimes be difficult. William, 5, used to LOVE regular ole plain (organic) milk. I never ever added anything. When he was a toddler he would have drank it all day long if I let him. Then somewhere between the ages of 3 and 4 he changed his mind and decided that he did not like milk. At all. So I thought, what kid doesn't like chocolate milk, right? I bought some organic chocolate syrup and started mixing that in. (That famous brand name syrup you are thinking of is loaded with high fructose corn syrup). Much to my delight he really liked the chocolate milk and I was happy that he was getting in his daily cup of milk. Well as a mom of 4 boys, I think it is obvious that I am crazy busy. Sitting there stirring together chocolate milk with twin 2 year olds tugging on each of my legs is no way to start a morning. Thankfully there are companies like Horizon who have a solution for me.
New from Horizon is their Organic lowfat Chocolate Milk with DHA Omega-3. That's right, organic chocolate milk already mixed together for me. Yay! Wait, what the heck is DHA Omega-3 you ask?
- DHA Omega-3 is an important nutrient that helps support heart, brain and eye health.
- DHA provides a nutritional boost for children's growing minds and bodies.
- DHA is a key structural component of the brain, yet many young children don't get their recommended daily amount of DHA as it is found in a limited number of food sources.
Horizon Organic Milk Plus DHA Omega-3 is fortified with a natural, 100% vegetarian and sustainable source of DHA - a safe, wholesome, delicious way to bring more of this important nutrient into your family's diet.
Horizon now. I know it can save me a lot of time and some aggravation as well. And since it is organic you can rest assured that there is no high fructose corn syrup or other "junk" in there. I have yet to find a non-organic chocolate milk (premade) or non-organic chocolate syrup that is free of HFCS.
Horizon sent me some coupons so I could pick up a free half gallon of their Organic lowfat Chocolate Milk with DHA Omega-3 at my local grocery store to try out. There are two supermarkets in my town, Stop & Shop and Big Y, and sadly neither of them carry any Horizon milk. Strangely, Stop & Shop has the cases of individual milk boxes (for lunch boxes) but they don't carry any half gallon sizes. I was very disappointed because I really wanted to test this out. I am not giving up yet and will continue to check other stores when possible.
Two (2) winners will each receive 4 coupons for Horizon Organic Lowfat Chocolate Milk with DHA Omega-3. (2 coupons are for a free half gallon and 2 coupons for $1 off a half gallon)
Visit Horizon Dairy and then come back and tell me something you learned about the company or another one of their products that you'd like to try.
- Follow me on through Google Friend connect
- Subscribe to my RSS feed in a reader or subscribe via e-mail. Your email must validate or it will not count.
- Add my Green Mama's Pad button to your sidebar or add Green Mama's Pad to your blogroll. Leave your blog link.
- Add my Green Baby Shower Guide button to you blog. This is good for 2 entries so leave 2 comments.
- Follow @GreenMamasPad and @HorizonDairy on Twitter and and tweet this giveaway. You can tweet once daily. Leave link to tweet in comment. You must have at least 50 followers. Horizon Organic Lowfat Chocolate Milk #giveaway @GreenMamasPad http://bit.ly/aY5wRr
- Blog about this giveaway. Your post must include a link to this post plus a link to the sponsor. Please leave link.
- Stumble this post and comment with your ID.
- Stumble one of my non-giveaway posts and tell me which one.
- Become a fan of Green Mama's Pad on Facebook.
- Become a fan of Horizon on Facebook.
This giveaway is open to US Residents 18+ only and will end on Thursday, April 8 at 11:59pm EST. Two winners will be chosen at random using Random.org and will be posted on the Winner's Announcement Page. Winner has 48 hours to claim his/her prize otherwise a new winner will be picked. You must leave your e-mail address in all of your comment(s) so I can contact you. I will not share your e-mail address with anyone, it will strictly be used to notify you if you win. Good luck!
Please note that the opinions and views expressed here are my own and based on my personal experience with the product. You may encounter a different experience with this than I did. Horizon provided me with a coupon to try the product for review and is providing coupons for the giveaway.