I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central for Seventh Generation. I received a promotional item and product samples as a thank you for participating.
Seventh Genaration is one of the few brands that I will buy anything they make without hesitation. Why? Because I know I will get a quality product free of toxic chemicals. I have been faithfully using their products, particularly the laundry detergent and various household cleaners, for years now. When I started having kids and became more aware of the harmful ingredients in every single product in my home, I started making lots of changes around the house. Getting the toxic chemicals out was a top priority for me and Seventh Generation made it easy and affordable for me to find great natural products.
For me I think it is pretty obvious that toxic chemicals are bad for our health and the health of the environment. However not much seems to be happening in the way of removing them from products or even just making the public more aware of them. Change is long overdo and we need to let our government know that they need to do something. That is why I teamed up with Seventh Generation as a Toxic Freedom Fighter to help spread the word and get people to take some action.
Did You Know?
- There are over 80,000 chemicals available in the United States that have never been fully tested for their toxic effects.
- Scientists have linked exposure to toxic chemicals to many health risks, including Cancer, Alzheimer’s, learning disabilities, asthma, birth defects, and reproductive problems.
- The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) was passed in 1976 but it has never been updated. As it currently stands, tens of thousands of potentially harmful chemicals continue to be used in the marketplace since the 1970’s without proper testing and without disclosure by the companies that produce them.
- For additional information to learn more visit the Natural Resources Defense Council.
What Can You Do?
- Become a Toxin Freedom Fighter by signing Seventh Generation’s petition to urge Congress to reevaluate the Toxic Substances Control Act for the first time since 1976.
- Make sure that parents and the general public are aware that of the 80,000 synthetic chemicals introduced into the market since the Toxic Substances Control Act was passed in 1976, the EPA has required testing on less than 10%. Tell your friends, family, teachers, PTA members, and anyone else who will listen!
- Help Seventh Generation reach its goal of collecting 100,000 Signatures by April 24th by signing the petition for chemical reform and urging your friends and family to do the same!
So please take some time to join us as Seventh Generation Toxin Freedom Fighters and sign the petition today. There are also some great resources there for you to use to help spread the word like sending tweets to your state's senators and sharing on social media.